Monday, February 23, 2009

Questions

Since I was ten years old, I have always been a writer. Most of the projects I completed I tore into shreds. When I wrote something that I kept, it was always directed to a specific person. A few years ago, I started writing without concern about who reads it. The result is publishing.

At this website for BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAINS CHRISTIAN WRITERS CONFERENCE http://www.brmcwc.com/ there is an excellent,very brief blog by Alton Gansky. He calls it "Two Questions." One of them is, "Suppose God told you that your current project would change only one life. Would you write it anyway?" Many authors have responded to this question with thought-provoking answers.

Last week, I started a new project, and I needed to think about that question. Having recently completed DO YOU KNOW HOW GOD LOVES YOU? which was a huge book -- 400 pages with a devotional for each day of the year -- I find myself needing to think about who will read the new book I've just started.

When a friend told me that DO YOU KNOW HOW GOD LOVES YOU? had touched her life, I realized that all the work in that book was not wasted. If DO YOU KNOW . . . did not ever touch another life besides the ones it has already touched, I would still know that God has used my book for His purposes.

As one person said, writing a book always changes one life -- mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment