Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving and Praise

North of Shady Grove, a little community near Laurel,Mississippi, a tornado damaged 35 homes in my sister's neighborhood. Her home was untouched. I thank God. If a tornado had flattened her house, I should thank God; and if a tornado flattened my house, I should thank God. And I should go a step further to praise God.

"The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." (Job 1:21B)

I don't understand God's ways, which are higher than mine, or his thoughts, which are so much higher than mine that I cannot even imagine how he thinks. What I do know is that because I love him and am called by him to be his child, he is working everything out according to his own plan. (Romans 8:28)

Thanking God, I enter into the door of his presence. Praising him, I enter into the court of his presence. Thanksgiving is recognizing what God has done. Praise is recognizing the God who did it. (Tony Evans)

"Enter into his gates with thanksgiving; and into his courts with praise." (Psalm 100:4, KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment