Sunday, May 8, 2011

I'm Choking . . . But Life Moves On Along the Path of Grief (Insights about Grieving)

My friends, I'm sharing a Kindle e-book about grieving. Mother's Day is perhaps the saddest day of the year for many of us. What I'm saying here is not to be taken as medical or psychological advice. If you need professional help, don't hesitate to get it. This book is simply a discussion of how it feels to grieve.

Believe me, I know. Like the rest of you, the longer I live the more I have to grieve about . . . and to be thankful for.

Click here to see a video about the book.

"I'm choking."

What does that mean? It could mean you've cried so hard that it's impossible to swallow. There's a choking feeling in your throat and chest. You know the feeling. If you have a choking sensation, it may be time to call 9-1-1 to make sure you are not having a heart attack. It is no coincidence that we have expressions such as "died of a broken heart" and "heartbroken." Sometimes these expressions are literal, not figurative.

"But life moves on along the path of grief."

It's a road we all travel. Although your grief is unique, there are certain aspects of every human being's grief that are alike.

I pray this book will warm your heart with its stories about some of the ways others have coped with the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment