Sunday, June 5, 2011

J. B. Coats Day

J. B. Coats is a Jones County, Mississippi, native and composer of the famous gospel song, "Where Could I Go But to the Lord?"

He will be honored Saturday, September 10, 2011, at a Gospel Singing at West Laurel Baptist Church, 1400 West 5th Street, Laurel, Mississippi.

(Contact: Bill Clark: billclarklive@live.com.)

For more informaiton about J. B. Coats, please to to this link:
blog entry I posted about J. B. Coats in 2009

A day honoring J. B. Coats is exciting for me personally. He was an ordinary man who grew up in my neck of the woods. My parents knew him. He was a great musician and teacher.

Here is a link to an inspiring recording of "Where Could I Go But to the Lord":
Gaithers and others

Click here for the Kindle version of Do You Know How God Loves You?

No comments:

Post a Comment