Sunday, June 19, 2011

Lead Us Like a Shepherd

“Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” (Luke 11:4)

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures;
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake,
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
For Thou art with me;
Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
Thou annointest my head with oil;
My cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. (Psalm 23)

What are your concerns? Perhaps you are driving to work. Every job has its own stress. Or maybe you are driving home after a stressful day, and you need to cleanse your mind before you prepare to relax after work. Whatever you have in your life, turn it over to the Lord.

Whether you are self-employed, unemployed, attending school, disabled, retired, or caring for your family, you have concerns that may at times make you think you will lose your mind.

Your Creator cares about you and is waiting to hear from you. Move beyond the boring empty platitudes. Tell your Father exactly what is in your mind. Ask His help to face your struggles.

Praise Him and tell Him you love Him. You may have...or you may have had...an earthly father incapable of showing He cared for you; therefore, you may have trouble accepting the goodness of God. Your Father in heaven really does care.

Pray for your earthly father to your heavenly Father. What is needed? Is it healing, forgiveness, reconciliation? Replace the worries of past hurts with the precious balm of healing that God freely gives you.

Whatever your circumstances may be, God is working out a way to bless you in His own time. Trust Him.

Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for You. (I Peter 5:7)

Click here for the Kindle version of Do You Know How God Loves You?

No comments:

Post a Comment